We’ve already established that January is hard. Post-festive blues set in along with the realisation that you have eaten too much and now some of your clothes just don’t quite fit. It’s back to work, early morning alarms and instead of reading all the books, playing the games or watching the films you got for Christmas there are suddenly boring things to do.
So instead of us all struggling through the greyness I thought I’d help break up the dull January days with some links to make you smile.
1. If you have a little look here you can find some highly amusing lists. Who doesn’t love a good list? Some of my favourites are Ten Things to NEVER Say to a Stay-at-Home Viking, Famous Inspirational Quotes Take Naps, and Grammar Gossip.
2. In case you didn’t get enough books for Christmas and are in search of some recommendations here’s a handy list.
3. If you’re hoping to make 2015 a happy year (who isn’t?!) then have a look at these 10 Proven Ways to a Happier Life and have a go at the Action for Happiness 7 Day Happiness Challenge. Go on, embrace the happiness!
4. In case you have managed to get this far into 2015 without a calendar/diary (Really? How have you managed that?) here is a lovely blog post with some pretty printable ones.
5. If you haven’t already you should definitely watch this guy challenge Gaston to a push up contest. Do it for the lols.
6. Sick of your left over turkey? You should give this venison in port sauce a go. Or if you’re looking for something a bit healthier (and veggie!) then whip up this veggie and rice dish. Yummy!
7. If you like reading thought provoking writing and looking at pretty things you should check out Lionheart and/or Flow magazine. (Lionheart’s latest issue is on sale at the moment and you can now subscribe to Flow international. Hooray!)
8. If all else fails you could just go and browse round my Pinterest boards where there are lots of pretty and random things.
How do you beat the January blues?