Today was World Book Day, aka the best day in the year! Our theme at school was Nostalgia: how I fell in love with reading. It was so much fun spending the day as Sophie from the BFG, working alongside Matilda, Tintin, the Very Hungry Caterpillar and Fern from Charlotte’s Web. (Yes, I do in fact have the most awesome colleagues ever!)
To go alongside our fabulous interpretations of our favourite characters, we spent the day asking staff and students about their reading experiences, and now I’m going to ask you the same questions!
1) What is your first memory of reading?
2) What is your favourite story?
3) What book(s) have you read that you think I should read?
4) What book, story or character has changed your life?
5) Is there a place you would like to visit, or a journey you would like to go on, based on a book you have read?
6) How did you fall in love with reading?
I’d love to hear your answers. I’ll be sharing mine tomorrow so be sure to pop back!
Happy reading everyone. 😊